PLEASE READ THESE NOTES BEFORE SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION AND DO CONTACT US VIA FACEBOOK OR VIA EMAIL at firstname.lastname@example.org IF YOU NEED ANY HELP/ HAVE ANY QUESTIONS
ALL GOOD STUFF COMMUNITY INTEREST COMPANY Butcher Works gallery shop,
Notes for applicants
All Good Stuff, a non-profit Community Interest Company leases an established gallery shop located in Butcher Works, a grade II listed building in the heart of Sheffield’s Cultural Quarter. Applications from potential sellers are invited. Sellers will in the main be artists / makers / designers / artisans with high quality products and should ideally be based in or have links with the Sheffield and South Yorkshire region. Applicants from further afield will be considered.
We are located in a growing and increasingly popular ‘buzzing’ area in the heart of the cultural industries quarter, 5 minutes walk from the High Street, the Railway Station and the Bus Interchange and 2 minutes walk from the Millennium Gallery and Sheffield Hallam University City campus. We are next door to the popular Fusion Organic Cafe and opposite Tamper, Sellers Wheel.
These notes are intended to help you understand how the shop functions:
1. Each application will be given careful consideration. Please supply all relevant details as set out below carefully and e-mail photographs of your work if you do not have a readily accessible website or other online display. In some cases – eg. if photographs are not available or not sufficiently detailed, we may need to invite applicants to bring samples of their work to an informal interview.
2. All Good Stuff CIC aims not only to provide business support and affordable space for sellers, but also to fund and / or run art and craft based workshops for anyone interested – for general, therapeutic or vocational purposes. All sellers interested in running such courses should indicate this on the application form. While it is not a requirement to offer workshops at All Good Stuff, priority will be given to applicants who are able to do so.
3. All sellers will be expected to participate in marketing exercises to promote the shop, their own work and that of other sellers. Support and advice will be provided.
4. All sellers will be required to agree and sign a contract and code of expectations before placing items for sale in the shop.
5. Currently we offer a zero rent, commission only (no VAT) contract – 40% standard commission, 30% for students. Reductions in the rate of commission will be made for sellers who regularly contribute time to the running of the shop / company – eg by staffing at least half a day per month or by undertaking specific duties such as being part of our social media team or helping with administration of eg workshop bookings. While it is not a requirement to help with staffing at All Good Stuff, priority will be given to applicants who are able to do so. All commission proceeds are used purely for the running of the company and to support our members in a variety of ways such as fully funding a number of artists each year to participate in Sheffield’s Open Up programme.
6. We are currently wholly run by volunteers and sometimes it can take us a while to respond to applications. Please be assured however that we will get back to all applicants as soon as we can.
To apply please email us at email@example.com with the following information and images of your work:
Business Name (if different):
Business Address (If different from home address)
Any other online identities:
Length of time in business:
Nature of business / brief description of products:
Do you make your products yourself or outsource the work / some of the work? Are any of your products produced outside the UK? :
Are you able to produce enough stock to continually fill a busy shop space? :
Do you have Public Liability insurance (this will be required – we can advise if you do not have it) :
Please state if you would be interested in running workshops under the All Good Stuff umbrella and give details of the type / frequency / costs:
Please give any further information which you believe we should take into account when considering your application: :